Sunday, September 12, 2010

Better late than never....


Our mission: To try a new restaurant in Savannah, GA every week.

This blog may have been started about 3 years too late. We moved to Savannah about three years ago and made this our mission. Since then, we have tested many, many, many eateries, good & bad.

When we first moved to Savannah we refused to visit chain restaurants because there were sooo many independently owned places we wanted to try. With my love for food, I and my husband savvy financial sense (He was afraid we would blow our budget ...and our waistlines) our mission came about. Our friends are aware of our mission so we always share our ventures with them. Just the other day, one suggested we should blog about our experiences...and there you have it folks. I wish I would have thought of the idea sooner. I guess it just means will have to make return visits to some places...not so bad, I guess.

I (Noel) would say I am a self proclaimed foodie and I, think my husband would agree, a good cook. However, I have never really thought of myself as a writer. Ironically, I did already have the blog account for a technology class I was taking. I originally named it Alli-Gator Chomps after my dog whose name is Alli Gator and makes a chomping noise with her teeth. I kept the name because I found it fitting for a food blog in the low country, as well.

With that... I hope this isn't too little, too late.....


No comments:

Post a Comment